Last evening went really well, unfortunately Elsa and Padraig had to leave early due to an unhappy Otto (their son). Never the less – this is what happened:
- got home late from work and last minute shopping at 5 pm
- the plan was that everyone should be arriving at 5.30 – *panic*
- everyone was a bit late, thankfully, so I got to sit down for a while and relax
- I talk a bit about the feast menu at Civil War and the recipe for the meat pie
- the cooking commence – our kitchen is to small (especially with children running around our feet) hopefully the renovations for the new kitchen will be finished soon
- the pies are done around 8-ish and we can all sit down and eat – the pies were delicious!
- the guest leave around 9, left in the house are me, hubby and a kitchen disaster
- after much needed cleaning in the kitchen we can finally go to bed – what a day!
Sound like a lot of whining – well, even though it was a lot to do on my part, I’ll definitely hold more cooking workshops (perhaps not 1½ weeks before Civil War though…). It was a lot of fun – and hopefully everyone learnt something about medieval cooking!