Nalbounding sock with annoying hole.

Nalbinding sock with annoying hole.

I might have mentioned a while back that mending my nalbinded socks was on my to-do list. Yesterday I gave it my first try. Wasn’t really sure how to proceed so I found some left over yarn and sewed a couple of times over the hole with big stitches. Then I secured the stitches with several knots. It became quite bulky but I figured it with even out when I full the sock.

Mending stitches on the right side of the sock.

Mending stitches on the right side of the sock.

Wrong side of the sock.

Wrong side of the sock.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then I fulled the sock with lukewarm water and regular Swedish soap (Grönsåpa). It definitely got a lot less bulky and more fuzzy. But I can still see parts of the stitches so I’ll probably have another go with the soap tomorrow.

Right side of sock, first try at fulling.

Right side of sock, first try at fulling.

Annoying fact: When I looked at the sock today when it hade dried I noticed another, much smaller, hole-to-be. Bah – I’ll try to full it together without any stitches. It might work.